Sunday, October 4, 2020

Not an artist: Five more items from my campaign

Five more items from my home campaign.

Disturbance of the Peace

This +1 thundering warhammer can greatly amplify its wielder's voice. This can potentially increase the effective range for sound-based effects.

Oddly enough, my players dodged the whole encounter where this was supposed to come up. They have never seen it, but it seems like it could still come up in their adventures on the high seas.

Horn of Fog

Blowing this horn produces a dense fog and a loud deep bass note that is almost impossible to miss. The loud blasts that come with the horn make using it for stealth extremely difficult.

Boots of Feather Falling

These light leather boots are enchanted to instantly slow the wearer's descent to that of a feather if they fall more than ten feet. The slowing effect is entirely located within the boots, so novice users often find it difficult to land on their feet.

Cloak of Endure Elements

This simple cotton cloak is draped beneath a set of woolen epaulets bearing the runes of summer and winter. As long as those runes are undamaged, the wearer of this cloak is comfortable in all but the most extreme weather nature can conceive.

Quick Fix Spanner

This adamantine wrench functions as a +1 adamantine heavy mace that allows the wielder to cast hammer of mending once a week as a ritual that takes one hour of focused effort.

Here is another item I made, but have not yet given to my players. This was based on the spanner Merle Highchurch was given in the mad max / mario kart arc in the first campaign of the Adventure Zone podcast.

---------

These are some of the first items I drew when I was getting back into drawing as a hobby. I am under no illusions about their quality, but I am happy to share them because I know it took working through those not so great drawings to get to working through the slightly better drawings. I have grown a lot in the roughly two years between these drawings and the drawings you will see in the Oracle of Seasons set. Here is to the future.

Next week we start working our way through the items from Oracle of Seasons. 

Please use my work personally however you see fit, but do not profit off my efforts without my consent.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph

 

No comments:

Post a Comment