Sunday, April 1, 2018

I'm not an artist: Another month, another five items from The Legend of Zelda

Happy Easter Fools Day. Another five items from The Legend of Zelda drawn by me.

Magical Boomerang: The dot on the gem at the center was supposed to be a highlight. Now that I look at it after some time away, I sort of get a Cylon eye vibe. This boomerang could be intelligent or be controlled mentally like a RC drone. You could even use this as a sort of surveillance device that allows the user to look out from the perspective of the gem as it flies. 


Silver Arrow: I wanted to draw a pointy object that clearly had some special quality. You could use this as any sort of special or masterwork weapon that is vaguely arrow shaped. This could even by the tip of a spear that pierced the side of a divine and gained some great powers.

Letter: The symbol in the top right-hand, pun, side of the letter is a symbol I doodled up while making a pantheon. The god is a deal maker, so I imagined this as a diabolical contract or correspondence detailing some shady business activities. 

Bow: This short bow could be a mundane piece of equipment or a powerful artifact hiding in plain sight. In the game, the bow converts rupees to arrows. I love that detail and will probably steal that concept for other bows/arrows I draw in the future. 

2nd Life Potion: If my last potion was too dark for you to use as a healing potion, I have the drawing for you. A bubbling, bright, opaque white, fluid in a thin stemmed bottle. This could be a potion, a poison, or a mystical draught. It could also be something simple like beer, milk, or murky water. 

We are getting close to the end of the first set of items. I will be releasing this set of items cards in one file that will also include card backs if you want to print the cards out or use them as a custom digital deck. 

Please use my work personally as you like, but do not re-post without a credit or try to make money or gain internet points by claiming my work as your own. 

As I write this on April 1st, 2018 I am about ten percent through drawing the items in Ocarina of Time. I gave myself a large backlog of finished drawings to act as a buffer to ensure I can maintain a consistent posting schedule. Since I am four games ahead, any feedback or concepts made during the writing of these posts won't have visible effects on the drawings for a while.

Thanks again for stopping by.

-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment