Sunday, May 13, 2018

I'm not an artist: A few useful items from The Adventure of Link

Here are five items from The Adventure of Link

Raft: I had just drawn what I feel is a pretty good raft, so I didn't want to just draw another bundle of sticks. This is supposed to be an inflatable raft emergency raft, but it could represent many things since it doesn't have many anchoring details.


Magical Key: I wanted this key to be physically possible but implausible. This is the key to the boss room, the hidden reliquary, or the secret royal passages out of the city. The key could even be a lock unto itself. The three arms of the key rotate freely about the central bar. Each arm is an individual combination lock and if all three locks are opened, a secret space within the key is revealed.  

Mirror: Mirrors have had many uses in fantasy fiction. This mirror could be used as a scrying focus, a trap for the souls of people who look in, or a gateway to another world. This mirror could even house or connect to an artificial intelligence that acts as a personal assistant. Imagine a world where mirrors acted like magical smartphones. Getting a hold of the right person's mirror could give the wrong people invaluable intel. However you use the mirror, thank you for putting up with my "reflection scribble" that I use to indicate a reflective surface.

Water: A nice cool glass of water. The straw may seem like an anachronism but apparently straws are about 5,000 years old. Other than being simply a refreshing beverage, two copies of this could be used to replay a relatively well known battle of wits over two drinks and some poison. Have multiple copies of the drink and secretly indicate which, if any, are poisoned. 

Treasure Bag: This pouch can be carrying anything you need it to.  Maybe "P" is the symbol for currency instead of $. Maybe it is full of power, powder, or pearls. It could even be a pouch with its owner's initial stitched on by their loving parent. 

No links today. I am currently on vacation and will hopefully be able to go back and put my usually links to relevant pages in when I am using an actual computer. Right now I am typing this post up on my reading tablet that does not really have enough oomph to be anything but a reading tablet. 

Use personally as you see fit but please do not post without credit and do not profit off my work without my consent. 

Happy my vacation! 

-Ceph

Edit: I caught some mistakes and added some links.

No comments:

Post a Comment