Sunday, September 20, 2020

Not an artist: The final three ring that teach valuable lessons

The final three rings that teach valuable lessons


Inscribed in the band of this ring reads, "And this, too, shall pass away." The ring was crafted by a wise sage who was charged by the ruler of their land to craft a sentence that would always be true, no matter when it was read.



Inside this glass vessel is supposedly a drop of blood from a warrior whose pride was so great they boasted that they would never be taken by the earth. While they meant they would never be killed, their proclamation offended the great earth which chose to rescind all of its gifts. The warrior was then flung upwards towards the sky, and they were never again held by the welcoming embrace of the earth.


A teacher once spent seven nights and seven days meditating at the base of a waterfall. When the teacher returned they said, “I watched the drops of water that sprang up away from the flow of the river, away from their destiny. Many tried to escape, but all water runs with the river in time.”

-----------

That is it. All the rings shared by the Oracles games along with some extra bonus palette-swapped versions to round out the set to a nice eighty-nine. I guess that isn’t the best round number, but I don’t want to keep looking backward and revisit my old work just to ensure that the totals are neat.

Next week I will not be posting anything new. Instead, I will be posting the collected set of the Oracles rings along with a bonus colored version of one of my favorite rings from the set.

I also went back and updated all of the previously collected posts with a color version of a card that represents the entire game the set covers. You can check out every collected card set at the collected tag here.

Please use my work personally however you see fit, but do not profit off my efforts without my consent.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment