Thursday, February 18, 2021

Celebrating my 200th post this Thursday with Thor’s Hammer Mjolnir


Enjoy your very own Mjolnir as a gift for checking out my 200th post.

Mjolnir: Thor’s infamous hammer Mjolnir, pronounced myohl-NEER, is both a weapon of mass destruction and a symbol of divine protection. The hammer strikes unerringly and will never become lost when thrown. 

You'll notice my take on the hammer doesn't have a triquetra or some other norse adjacent symbol. This ommision is for two reasons, drawing geometric symbols in perspective is some real challenging technical drawing that my skills are not up to yet, and white supremacists really love norse symbols so I'm hesitant to include them in my art when I don't necessarily have to. White supremacy and white supremacists suck.

----------

I didn’t really have a plan for what to do for my 200th post. I’ve been sort of off-book lately, but I do more drawing on projects that aren’t the Zelda items project for various reasons these days. The least of which being that I need a new computer that boots faster than my current photoshop machine.

I took this hammer as a great time to experiment with screen tones. I need to personally get good with the fact that I don’t have to build absolutely everything from scratch and can use some technical brushes or texture overlays for effect.

Making art I appreciate and think is worth sharing is about using all my tools to the best of my ability rather than arbitrarily saying that something isn’t how real drawings are made. 

I am upset and not at all surprised that Trump wasn’t convicted during his second impeachment trial. I am very worried that the USA is experiencing the first steps toward a new civil war or regime change like Hitler and the Nazis coming to power in Germany. 

Stay vigilant and critical. Wear a mask. Get the vaccine as soon as your able. Be excellent to everyone. 
-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment