Sunday, February 14, 2021

Holiday: Cupid’s bow firing a heart-seeking arrow of love.

Cupid’s bow firing a heart-seeking arrow of love.

Cupid’s Bow and Arrow: Anyone struck with an arrow shot from this bow will be overcome with uncontrollable desire. I guess this has been toned down into falling into warm romantic love in the modern retellings of the myths.

This bow is based on the bow in a statue that pops up with you use google image to search Eros’, Cupid’s Greek counterpart, bow. Turns out the statue is actually of Anteros, a sibling of Eros in Greek mythology. Turns out googling for all of five seconds to find reference images isn’t the most effective way to find accurate images. 

----------

Today is Valentine’s Day. I know I said I’d come back soon with normal posts from the Zelda inspired cards, but the alignment of the holiday and my update day was too much to pass up.

See you next week with some more item cards I drew, probably based on items from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

Keep wearing masks, stay socially distant, and be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment