Friday, February 19, 2021

Holiday: Lantern for the Lunar New Year...a week late.

Red paper lantern for Lunar New Year

Lantern: Based on my very surface-level research, the iconic red paper lanterns displayed during Lunar New Year celebrations in China represent the bright hopeful wishes for the new year while channeling the luck and wealth attracting properties of the color red.

----------

I know that Lunar New Year was last Friday, February 12, 2021, but I had already written up my Mjolnir post for the 200th post on my blog and didn’t want to have to make any adjustments for my Valentine’s Day bow and arrow being the 200th post.

I’m often asked for what stats I give these items in my games. Usually, I use the cards to represent some item that already exists in the game’s rules, but I could see this lantern magically floating in a slow orbit around its owner. The lantern can be ignited or extinguished by speaking a code word. When the lantern is lit, the owner and all allies within the radius of the light can choose to reroll one d20 roll of their choice before the results are confirmed, taking the second result regardless of the result. A single individual can only take advantage of this reroll once per day.

I hope you are all trying to be as excellent as you can be for everyone in this new year.
-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment