Sunday, June 13, 2021

Not an artist: Five items from Oracle of Seasons that offer comfort amidst the horrors of the hollow lands.

Five items from Oracle of Seasons that offer comfort amidst the horrors of the hollow lands.

Nurturing Warmth: This essence is a bit of a visual mismatch. The symbol representing the essence is a warm looking campfire, but the essence itself is the comforting warmth of spring and summer that allows things to grow. Link finds the essence at the end of the Unicorn’s Cave guarded by a monstrosity that is mostly just one large eye covered in writhing tentacles.

In the twilight age of the world, as the primal flame that brought life and warmth to all things burns down to embers, only the smallest sparks of light and life still burn. These fires offer comfort and healing to those brave or mad souls who wish to fight against the inevitable darkness that will consume all things. These flames must be nurtured by mortal hands, and as each of the firekeepers fall, out goes another point of light in the ever growing dark.

----------

I really liked Dark Souls and I also don’t think I will ever play another Souls-like game again. I am just not at the point in my life where I can get repeatedly beat down by a game for hours in the vain hope of making progress. Maybe I’ll feel differently once the world stops repeatedly beating me down for months, but until then, I’m looking for more hopeful games to play.

You can help others feel hopeful by being excellent to everyone,
-Ceph

 

No comments:

Post a Comment