Sunday, August 15, 2021

Four Swords: Three wondrous hats from Four Swords.

 Three wondrous hats from Four Swords.

Gnat Hat: As with all the equipable items in Four Swords, the gnat hat is found on item podiums and can only be picked up if exchanged for the currently equipped item Link is carrying. By donning this hat, Link shrinks down to the size of a bug. This diminutive stature allow Link to pass through small gaps, stand on small platforms, or simply avoid being picked up by fellow Links.


When making deals with otherworld beings, one should always be very careful how they word requests. A simple request like, “I want a hat that will allow me to fly” or, “Make me a cap that allows the wearer to climb like a spider.” The first request resulted in a hat that instantly transformed the wearer into a common fly and usually resulted in them being trapped under a now enormous hat. The second turned the requester into a hat that, when worn, gives the wearer supernatural climbing abilities and the unshakable feeling that someone is just behind them.

----------

This item is very similar to the Mage’s Cap and the Minish Cap that both appear in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap for the DS. I absolutely loved that game, and can’t wait to start drawing its items. 

I love drawing and posting these items and I will continue to as long as I have passion for the project. If you are enjoying the project,  please consider dropping a tip over on my Ko-Fi. You can get there by hitting the purple donate button on the top or bottom of the page.

I am prewriting this post, so I’m not sure what the world will look like in a few weeks. I do have hope that many people have chosen to get vaccinated against COVID after seeing the very real cost of remaining unvaccinated. Vaccination helps limit the spread and severity of this serious disease. So does wearing a mask when you are in groups. Doing both works even better.

Protect yourself, the ones you love, and everyone else by doing your part to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph

No comments:

Post a Comment