Sunday, May 3, 2020

Cards: The Oracle of Ages items in one complete set!

To celebrate the completion of Oracle of Ages, have a version of the Harp of Ages in fabulous technicolor!



Without further ado, here is my rendition of every item from Oracle of Ages.




You can find the printable version PDF with the cards and card backs fitted for 8 in. x 11.5 in. here.

You can view all of the completed sets of item cards under the collected tag here

When I finish posting a set, I like to look back and pick my favorite and least favorite items now that I have had some distance from when I drew the items and have had time to grow as an artist. Which was your favorite?

My overall favorite drawing from the set is the greasy bag drawing for the stink bag. It isn’t perfect, the grease line doesn’t really look super believable, but it makes me smile.

I am disappointed at how the obsidian blade turned out. I saw Luke Ink doing this amazing obsidian dagger and I thought I should give it a try. What I failed to notice was all the intricate texture he infused into his dagger by paying attention to how obsidian actually looks. 

The grappling hook is fairly lackluster. I didn’t do a great job on the perspective and the piece overall looks silly.

I really enjoy the spiderweb staff. I spent way too much time noodling on the wood grain and spiderweb, but I can imagine so many fun ways to use a staff that can throw webs.

The next set will be a bit different. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons share a common list of magical rings Link can find in his travels. The next set of items is a modular ring builder set I made to represent each of these magic rings in a similar manner as the games did. There are four base-bands and sets of attachments that combine to create many unique rings. There are more than 332 possible configurations. Of which, you will see 89 posted on the blog.

As always, use my work personally however you see fit, but do not profit off my efforts without my consent.

Thanks for your continued interest. Remember to always be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph



No comments:

Post a Comment