Monday, July 5, 2021

Axe Week: The Green Knight's axe to inaugurate Axe Week

The Green Knight's axe to inaugurate Axe Week

Axe of the Green Knight: This mighty axe was left for Sir Gawain by the Mysterious Green Knight to remind Gawain of the oath he swore. In one year’s time the young knight must present himself to be struck in the same way he struck the Green Knight. Unfortunately, Sir Gawain cut the Green Knight’s head clean off in a single swing.

----------

I have a real fondness for axes. I just love axes of all sorts and I am very drawn to the axes in movies, shows, and games. Axe week is a celebration of all things axe with seven-ish axes from pop culture. 

Today’s axe is from the upcoming movie adaptation of the legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. The film looks interesting, and I’m excited even though I’ve never been too interested in Arthurian myth. Maybe I should give the Arthurian tales another shot.

See you tomorrow for another axe as axe week continues.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph


2 comments:

  1. I did the tattoo
    As i promissed
    Look your twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t see it. Did you @ me @speakerthedead or do you have to change your settings?

    ReplyDelete