Saturday, July 10, 2021

Axe Week: Black Axe's Black Axe

The Black Axe

The Black Axe: This fearsome axe was forged two hundred years ago by a grieving smith that wanted to protect his fellow mice from the many predators that stalk the lands. The great axe has been passed from one wielder to the next as chosen by the descendents of the smith that originally forged the axe. To wield the axe is to become a tireless defender of all mouse kind from the innumerable dangers of the wilds.

If you haven’t read the exceptional Mouseguard graphic novels, I wholeheartedly recommend it. I absolutely love the art, the story, and the respect the creator gave the work. Mouseguard is a story about medieval anthropomorphized mice trying to stay safe in a big world full of real danger.

I know my take on the Black Axe is more a grey axe, but I didn’t want to draw a hard black image with a few details highlighted because that seemed too hard to pull off effectively.

One more day of Axe Week. Tomorrow is a double post Sunday because I said I’d post art from my homebrew campaign and I don’t want to keep kicking that can.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph


 

No comments:

Post a Comment