Sunday, July 11, 2021

Axe Week: Air Axe for the last axe of Axe Week

 Air Axe of Lewa Mata

Air Axe: Wielded by Lewa the Toa Mata, or elemental guardian, of Air that inhabited the southern jungles on the island of Mata Nui. The Toa could not have known that the island they called home was actually a slumbering titanic spirit machine created to explore and observe the universe. In trying to discover the secrets of their powers and their home, the Toa unintentionally revives Mata Nui and sets off a chain ration that would reshape their world and others.

If you don’t know what Bioncle is, it is a series of toys made by Lego that tried to marry the building and action figure markets of toys. It is also accompanied by a storyline that is difficult to follow to say the least.

I’m going to be honest. When I was a kid, I loved the original run of Bioncle toys without really understanding or maybe even being aware of the overarching story. In researching this topic, I was blown away by how deep and convoluted the storyline became. I think that might turn some people off from Bioncle, but I am in awe and think this may have been one of the reasons I am so into worldbuilding as a hobby.

That is it for Axe Week. I hope you enjoyed seven-ish axes. I definitely enjoyed drawing some of my favorite axes from pop culture. Let me know if I missed your favorite axe. Maybe it will appear in the next Axe Week.

Be excellent to everyone.
-Ceph


No comments:

Post a Comment